Tuesday, January 19, 2010

9 Months Old!

I am in the middle of writing this post...and I am realizing that it is very sporadic...so sorry...I guess that is what happens when you are chasing 2 little ones...lol

Well...it has finally happened...the moment I have been dreading.

Cole has and ear infections....most of the little ones I have known have always had several ear infections, so I feel very lucky to have the first one at 9months!

My babies are officially 9 months old today....and strangely enough when I visited the Dr. for Cole today a mom and dad came in with a set of newborn twin boys...and I couldn't help but think:

1) I can't believe that phase is already over....this stage is wonderful in many ways, but I miss every stage once we are out of it....but still look forward to the next stage.

2) Wow I hope they have a GREAT support system....because the first 3 months are HARD!

3) I hope that she stops and smells the roses...I think that is hard with all newborns be it 1 or 6...but the more you have the harder it is to do....there was a big part of me who wanted to walk up to her and give her my number and just say....please call me if you have ever want to talk...b/c having twins is different and although everyone is understanding...it's just not the same....I understand what it is like to have twins...but not one or three for that matter....and there are MANY times I wish I could talk to someone that had twins....

4) I wanted to run up to her and say I have twins too.....in that really proud way....b/c I wouldn't change a thing and I LOVE my babies...

I digress though....

Cole and Keira are getting so big. I am very excited to see that they are progressing so well. Keira has made a lot of progress with her PT, her neck is very straight and she sits up very straight. She stills needs PT for her back and helping her balance her strength. Cole has made a lot of progress also. He still needs some help correcting how he stands. Cole turns his feet out and we needed to buy him so special shoes to help try to correct this, but he has a hard time crawling around with them on...so he only wears them for about 2 hours a day. All of these things are hardly noticeable, only a mother or health care person would notice them; until they are pointed out....they are also very common to see among twins.

Cole and Keira...I want you to know that our life has changed tremendously in the last 9 months. A lot of it was harder than I anticipated, but I want and hope you know that I have truly loved being your mother. I love you both more than words could ever describe...so please remember that as we go into this next phase of walking...b/c I think you might here NO a few hundred times, but it is only b/c I love you!

This might be the most random post....sorry!
 
I hope to post pics soon!

No comments: